Saturday, February 2, 2008

Customize Kicks and Such




I read this article, Nike's New Public Design Studio -- Where Consumers Become Designers

It talks about how Nike now is using there NikeID shoes that you customize in the stories online. In track man everyone wanted those kind of shoes with there names on with funky colors. I've checked the website and it had little appeal to me I didn't like it. I did however go to Vans and bought some nice shoes because they had more of an artistic style to them making them more like your own.

Vans Customize
thats the website i made the pink with pink skulls cus thats how I get down. you do you.

I feel if stores are now helping people customize there shoes in person they should take it a step further.

Why don't they have artist come to stores and paint the shoes or put on artistic designs in person. This would come with an obvious high price tag but I think it would be cool. I know they do some stuff like this in the city where there are one of a kind shoes but I like the idea of it being like a tattoo on the shoe. You come in buy the shoe and have an image or color scheme you would want placed on the shoe. They could then take this and put it even online where you can have a paint brush and basically paint the shoe or find images you can place on them. I like it maybe I should give Phil Knight a call?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

It's cool that everyone in the track world wanted those personalized and funky shoes. I wonder if there was an unspoken competition between runners - who has the funkiest kicks, whose are the most colorful, most innovative, most expensive... etc... more competition between girls or more between guys??

technology changing dynamics...

 
Technorati blog directory